Thursday, 11 April 2013

3 Reasons You Should Like My New Album!



It's been months since my last blog post. A lot has happened since then. Whilst I'm still working hard with my fiancé towards our wedding this year, I've also been working on an album.

This album, which is scheduled to drop in the latter part of 2013, will be a springboard to launch me full throttle into a career of a travelling spoken word artist and speaker. There are 3 main reasons why I believe you should want this album:


1. It is produced by J.O.
J.O. is a problem - a triple threat problem. He's a ridiculously talented producer, singer and songwriter. Signed to a label called Thumbprint Media, he's consistently been grinding away in the background for a while now. He remains one of the music industry's best kept secrets, constantly producing and writing to a high degree of excellence. It's only a matter of time before one of his musical submissions via his label gets picked up by a major artist and released globally.

This is J.O.
J.O.'s contribution to this album has been simply amazing. He's overseen production on the entire project, and got some tight vocal recordings out from me in the studio. You gotta check out some of his music at - www.soundcloud.com/j-ocloud - but make sure you finish reading the rest of this blog first!


2. It is Spoken Word...but not as you know it!
Yes, it is a spoken word album, but it's unlikely to be in a way you've heard of before. This isn't a whole album of soft background music whilst I recite poetry nor is it something just for the niché poetry/spoken word lovers. We've taken the art form of spoken word and infused it into a commercial music bed. I'm trying to think of what I could compare it to...but I'm struggling...you'll just have to hear it! It is definitely something a broader audience (outside of just spoken word) may very well be intrigued by.

            
                Working with J.O. in the studio
My fiancé - the talented Jenaé laying
down vocals in the booth
Enoch John - another amazing producer
who contributed to some cuts on the album
3. The content of the album
I really poured my heart and guts into this album. Every single lyric, song concept and the way in which it was delivered is 100% authentic. There are no throwaway lines on this project. No gimmicks. No trying to be someone else on this album. I am me and I talk about real life on here. The album deals with areas such as releasing the inner child in you, going full throttle for your dreams in the midst of challenges, relationship drama, growing up, etc. As I wade through these topics I share a lot of my personal experiences in a relatable way that will cause you to think through key moments in your own life journey. It's an album your hears will enjoy, your mind will chew on and your heart will absorb.

Me in the booth, trying to look like
I'm not posing for a photo.

Ok, so that's it for now. Remember to check out J.O.'s page - www.soundcloud.com/j-ocloud. Also, there's my own music page - www.soundcloud.com/mrkpoetry. More updates, videos and soundbites coming soon!


Love, peace and spoken word finger clicks!

Mr. K







No comments:

Post a Comment